- Detail Info
WELD-ON® 717™ CLEAR/GRAY: Heavy bodied, medium setting, low VOC PVC cement for all classes and schedules with interference fit through 12″ (315 mm) diameter (non-pressure applications only up to 18″). Quality formulation for plumbing, industrial, pool, irrigation and electrical piping systems. It has good gap filling properties and its medium set allows more working time in warm weather.
WELD-ON 717 is for use on all types of PVC plastic pipe applications, Type I and Type II. It is suitable for use with potable water pressure systems, irrigation, turf, conduit, industrial pipe applications, sewer, drain, waste and vent systems.
Detailed directions on making solvent cemented joints are printed on the container label. An installation DVD/CD covering solvent cementing is available. It not only describes the basic principles of solvent cementing, but also covers the handling, storage and use of our products. It is highly recommended that the installer review the instructions supplied by the pipe and fitting manufacturer.
NOTE: WELD-ON solvent cements must never be used in a PVC system using or being tested by compressed air or gases; including air-over-water booster.
Gray cement is available in ½ pint (237 ml), pint (473 ml), quart (946 ml) and gallon (3.785 l) metal cans. Clear cement is available in ¼ pint (118 ml), ½ pint (237 ml), pint (473 ml), quart (946 ml) and gallon (3.785 l) metal cans. For detailed information on containers and applicators, see our current Price List.
STANDARDS AND CERTIFICATION LISTINGS:
– Meets ASTM D 2564 Standard.
– Meets SCAQMD Rule 1168/316A.
– Compliant with LEED®(Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design). When using this WELD-ON Low VOC product, credit can be claimed for LEED Green Building Rating System – Indoor Environmental Quality.
– Listed by NSF International for compliance with ASTM D 2564, NSF/ANSI Standard 14 and NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for use in potable water, drain, waste, vent and sewer applications.
– Gray Cement Only – Meets CSA standards B137.3 and B181.2 for use in pressure and non-pressure potable water, drain, waste, and vent applications.
– Listed by IAPMO for compliance with ASTM D 2564 and applicable sections of the latest edition of the Uniform Plumbing Code®.
COLOR: Clear or Gray
SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 0.963 ± 0.04
BROOKFIELD VISCOSITY: Minimum 1,600 cP @ 73 °± 2°F (23° ± 1°C)