WELD-ON® P-70™ INDUSTRIAL GRADE PRIMER PURPLE/CLEAR: Premium, industrial strength, low VOC primer essential for proper softening and preparation of PVC and CPVC pipe and fitting surfaces. Specially recommended for use on Schedule 80 (PN 10 and higher) and large size pipe. Excellent for cold weather applications.
WELD-ON P-70 primer, when used in conjunction with appropriate WELD-ON solvent cements, will make consistently strong, well-fused joints. It is essential that the joining surfaces of pipe and fittings be softened and remains softened prior to assembly. The main function of the primer is to expedite the penetration and softening of the surfaces. Its rate of penetration into the joining surfaces is more rapid than that of solvent cement alone. P-70 primer is suitable for use with all types, classes and schedules of PVC and CPVC
pipe and fittings. It is specially recommended for use on Schedule 80 and large pipe size. Detailed directions on making solvent cemented joints are printed on the container label. An installation DVD/CD covering solvent cementing is available. It not only describes the basic principles of solvent cementing, but also covers the handling, storage and use of our products. It is highly recommended that the installer review the instructions supplied by the pipe and fitting manufacturer.
NOTE: WELD-ON solvent cements must never be used in a CPVC system using or being tested by compressed air or gases; including air-over-water booster
Both WELD-ON P-70 clear and purple primers are available in ¼ pint (118 ml), ½ pint (237 ml), pint (473 ml), quart (946 ml) and gallon (3.785 l) metal cans. For detailed information on containers and applicators, see our current Price List.
STANDARDS AND CERTIFICATION LISTINGS:
– Meets ASTM F 656 Standard
– Meets SCAQMD Rule 1168/316A
– Compliant with LEED®(Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design). When using this WELD-ON low VOC product, credit can be claimed for LEED Green Building Rating System – Indoor Environmental Quality.
– Listed by NSF International for compliance with ASTM F 656, NSF/ANSI Standard 14, and NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for use on potable water, drain, waste, vent and sewer applications.
– WELD-ON P-70 Purple Only – Listed by IAPMO for compliance with ASTM F 656 and applicable sections of the latest edition of the Uniform Plumbing Code®.
COLOR: Clear or Purple
SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 0.858 ± 0.040
BROOKFIELD VISCOSITY: Water Thin