- Detail Info
Weld-On® 724™ INDUSTRIAL GRADE ORANGE/GRAY: Heavy bodied, medium setting, low VOC CPVC cement for all classes and schedules with interference fit through 12″ (315 mm) diameter. Premium, high-strength, chemical-resistant solvent cement for use with CPVC piping systems carrying acids, bases, salts, and hypochlorites. Ideal for use in waste water plants. May be used on PVC industrial piping systems for chemical applications. Approved for Corzan® CPVC piping systems.
WELD-ON 724 is especially formulated for use on industrial piping systems (CPVC or PVC) requiring chemical resistance to caustics, including hypochlorite solutions, mineral acids, aggressive water and aqueous salt solutions. Approved for use with Corzan™ Industrial Piping Systems. Detailed directions on making solvent cemented joints are printed on the container label. An installation DVD/CD covering solvent cementing is available. It not only describes the basic principles of solvent cementing, but also covers the handling, storage and use of our products. It is highly recommended that the installer review the instructions supplied by the pipe and fitting manufacturer.
NOTE: WELD-ON solvent cements must never be used in CPVC and PVC systems using or being tested by compressed air or gases; including air-over-water booster.
WELD-ON 724 orange is available in quart (946 ml) and gallon (3.785 l) metal cans. WELD-ON 724 gray is available in pint (473 ml), quart (946 ml) and gallon (3.785 l) metal cans. For detailed information on containers and applicators, see our current Price List.
STANDARDS AND CERTIFICATION LISTINGS:
– Meets ASTM F 493 Standard
– Meets SCAQMD Rule 1168/316A
– Compliant with LEED®(Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design). When using this WELD-ON low VOC product, credit can be claimed for LEED Green Building Rating System – Indoor Environmental Quality.
– Listed by NSF International for compliance with ASTM F 493, NSF/ANSI Standard 14, and NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for use on potable water, drain, waste, vent and sewer applications.
– Listed by IAPMO for compliance with ASTM F 493 and applicable sections of the latest edition of the Uniform Plumbing Code®
COLOR: Orange or Gray
SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 0.984 ± 0.040
BROOKFIELD VISCOSITY: Minimum 1600 cP @ 73° ± 2°F (23° ± 1°C)